One of the goals of Charlotte Food Bloggers is to plan monthly events to connect with the local Charlotte food community. These members-only events are a fun, exciting opportunity to get unique, behind-the-scenes experiences and the chance to connect and socialize with other bloggers. While we would love to host events large enough for all of our 40+ members to attend (and sometimes we do!) many of these events need to be capped at a certain amount of attendees to keep it manageable, intimate and fun. As such, maximizing attendance and minimizing cancellations is important.
In order to get an accurate number for attendance and to prevent last-minute cancellations at these events, we have implemented an event policy for members to reserve their space at Charlotte Food Bloggers’ events.
Reserving your spot at Charlotte Food Bloggers Events:
- Events will be announced via Facebook, our email newsletter, and posted on our website www.cltfoodbloggers.com.
- Members who wish to attend the events will need to reserve their space via the website by purchasing an event ticket.
- Event tickets will cost $10. This payment will hold the member’s space at the event.
- The money from the event ticket will go into a Paypal account owned by Charlotte Food Bloggers.
- When the member comes to the event, the $10 event ticket fee will be refunded.
Event Wait Lists:
- Once the event is at full attendance, Charlotte Food Bloggers will gather names for an event wait list.
- Wait list members will not have to purchase an event ticket unless contacted by the event coordinator that there is space available.
- If contacted by the event coordinator that space is available, the member will need to purchase an event ticket in order to secure a spot at the event.
- All events will have a cancellation deadline. These specific dates will be well-communicated in the event announcement on Facebook, the newsletter and on the Charlotte Food Bloggers website.
- If a member who has purchased an event ticket has to cancel attendance at an event for any reason, the member must do so before the cancellation deadline.
- If the member cancels before the deadline, the price of the event ticket will be refunded.
- If the member cancels after deadline or if the member fails to show up to the event, the money will not be refunded.
- In special, emergency situations, we will consider refunding members’ event ticket purchases if they have to cancel after the deadline or cannot make it to the event. These situations will be determined on a case-by-case basis. Emergency refunds will be limited to once per year.
- Any money left in the Charlotte Food Bloggers’ Paypal account from cancellations will be used to fund future Charlotte Food Bloggers’ events.