Are you a Charlotte-area blogger looking to connect with other foodies, attend events and become more active in the local food community? You’re in the right place. Charlotte Food Bloggers is for bloggers who are home cooks, home brewers, chefs, bakers, mixologists, restaurant reviewers, writers, photographers, travel experts and food lovers — or any combination thereof. We love to explore the Queen City in search of the best food and drink, and then blog about it. We’d love for you to join Charlotte Food Bloggers today!
Membership is totally free; however, some events may be ticketed.
Charlotte Food Bloggers has a variety of membership benefits, including:
- The opportunity to connect with our community of local foodies and other people in the Charlotte food community
- Listing in our public member directory
- The opportunity to submit content to be featured on the Charlotte Food Bloggers website and promoted across our social media
- Exclusive invitations to members-only events, such as restaurant meet-ups, blogging workshops and more
- Volunteer opportunities within the Charlotte food community
- Access to our private Facebook group
- An invitation to pin to our shared Pinterest board
- Monthly newsletter with news, event announcements and more
- The ability to add events to our community calendar
We do have a few requirements for membership, and we review each application individually to make sure it complies with the following:
- You must live in Mecklenburg County or the surrounding counties:
- North Carolina: Anson, Cabarrus, Caldwell, Catawba, Cleveland, Iredell, Gaston, Lincoln, Monroe, Rowan, Stanly, Union,
- South Carolina: Chester, Lancaster, Greenville and York
- You must have, or contribute to, an active food blog. We define an active food blog as one having published at least two food-related posts per month.
- Note: If your blog is not solely dedicated to food (i.e. a lifestyle or travel blog) but you meet the above requirements, please join us. We’d love to have you!
- Your blog must be at least three months old.
- Content aggregator or review sites such as Yelp, Foodspotting, Zomato, etc. as well as Facebook pages and Instagram accounts do not qualify as blogs and therefore do not meet our conditions for membership.
By registering for membership with Charlotte Food Bloggers, you agree to allow Charlotte Food Bloggers license to use content from your blog on its website. (Please note: We will always ask for permission first.) As a member, you are encouraged to display the Charlotte Food Bloggers badge on your site. Membership may be revoked without notice for failure to comply with the rules stated above.
Applications will be reviewed once per week, so please allow at least five business days for your membership to be approved.
If you have any questions about membership, don’t hesitate to ask! Contact us.
Local businesses, media and PR professionals are welcome to join Charlotte Food Bloggers — though they will receive limited access to our site. Benefits to registering include:
- Opportunity to build relationships with our members
- Membership to our private Charlotte Food Community Facebook group
- Ability to add community events to our calendar